This is my recipe to create the perfect home made pizza from scratch. This recipe yields you eight perfect pizzas. You can divide or multiply the ingredients to get the right yield for your situation. But whatever you do, never change the ratio. There is a very strict balance in the ingredients.
It takes 24 hours to make this recipe. But don't worry! You'll only be active for 30 minutes. The rest of the time you let the dough rest. You can also make it in significant less time (3-4 hours), but then you'll need to use more yeast and the dough will have much less flavor.
- 1 kilogram of Mulino's Caputo 00 'Cuoco' flour (100%)
- 540 milliliter of cold water (54%)
- 20 gram of kosher salt (2%)
- 20 milliliter of extra virgin olive oil (2%)
- 5 gram of dry yeast (0.5%)
- A little bit Semola di grana duro
The percentages are the ratio. For every 100 grams of flour, you need 54 milliliters of water, 2 grams of kosher salt, etcetera. The semola doesn't have a ratio because you're not using it in the dough itself.
- Oven that can get at least 275 degrees Celcius
- Dough cutter
- Baking paper (if you're not using a pizza stone but an oven tray)
- Pizza stone (optional, but highly recommended)
- A peel (optional. Only use it if you have a pizza stone)
- A big clean surface area to work on
- A bowl to mix the ingredients
- Smaller bowls to let the dough rest
- A refrigirator
This is what you're going to do.
Put the flour in the bowl and mix with the salt. Add the yeast, water and olive oil. Keep stirring until all the ingredients are mixed and all the fluids are absorbed.
Put the mixture on the surface area and start kneeding. Don't pull and tear, but push down with the palms of your hand. Fold the dough and push down again. Keep kneeding for about 6 minutes until the dough becomes less dry and a bit more sticky. From the dough in a ball.
Put the ball under a bowl and let it rest for 15 minutes on room temperature.